Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Ragbirds & Mike Brooks Band (of which I forgot the name) Concert @ the Ark

I’ve got to say WOW! It was awesome!!!

I had not heard their stuff before and they totally blew my mind away.
I guess I just didn’t expect much since they are local. Oh how haughty pretences keep me from much joy.

The weather was down right nasty last night, so I was wondering before the concert if the turn out would be kind of low (besides it was Monday night). But the house was pretty much full.

The fact that it was a charity concert might have had something to do with my low expectation for the event. Why do I automatically assume the second rate quality when it’s connected to a good cause?

I’ve been noticing and disliking my cynicism lately…

Anyhow, the performance was fabulous. I’ve never seen anybody dancing, playing violin, and singing that hard all at the same time, smiling. They seemed to be having such a good time and the mood caught on.

When they came up on the stage she said, “I feel like we are about to play sports”, and it really was like music version of Triathlon right there. It was entertaining just to see the variety of instruments they played one after another.

I got two of their CDs after the show, and am really looking forward to listening to them.

The first thing I did this morning was to see if the Ragbirds have their stuff on the iTune. I then found the CD put out by A2 VY called “Learning Curve”, which I of course had to get. There are 23 or so songs on it and 3 of them are done by the Ragbirds. I listened to some of songs done by other musician on the album and thought they were pretty neat, too. Is this the same one they give away to new comers??

I’m such a dork…

6 Comments:

Blogger B-Go said...

i doubt that's the cd they give to newcomers... but, maybe. i know they sell it at church... the cd I got for free when i first came is some (lower quality) recordings of the worship team playing songs we sing at church...

12:43 PM  
Blogger B-Go said...

also, i've listened to both of the ragbirds cds already--all night while i was writing my story. they're fabulous.

12:45 PM  
Blogger strunny said...

it actually is the cd they give to newcomers. crazy huh. the one bethany is talking about is the old one, yeah not as good.
they have been getting tons of radio play on 107.1 for a long time now too. sometime ask erin the story of how she named the first cd yes, nearby. it's the coolest story (or i'll just tell you).

4:20 AM  
Blogger B-Go said...

the story is written on the inside of the album leaf (first page).

true, it is a cool story.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Megumi said...

I still haven't listened to their CDs. I might be waiting for the perfect opportunity for it.

My favorite mode of getting aquainted with a CD is over a fairly long driving trip, alone. It can potentially be bad if the CD sucks, but no such worry with the Ragbirds albums :-)

7:37 PM  
Blogger Megumi said...

Hi Kuriks! Thanks for the comment. I love your blog, too. It's always very interesting...

I'm looking forward to reading a new entry ;-)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home