Monday, January 02, 2006









Murrieta Hot Springs

Equipper Conference was AMAZING. There is just way too much that I want to write about. I want to keep record of things God has done during the EC05, so I will try to post a little bit at a time over the next few days.

First of all, Murrieta Hot Springs was GORGEOUS. The retreat center belongs to the Calvary Chapel Bible College, and it used to be a resort. Many buildings they have are in Tuscan style (I think?) with white walls with Adobe roof tiles. There are winding paths that go through the property, paved with stones and tiles in different colors. Palm trees, roses, and other flowers are planted along the paths. I really liked somewhat vine like plant with bright magenta flowers, which I don't know the name of. The coolest feature in this place is a bunch of hot springs scattered along these paths. The retreat center is on a hill, and an artificial rive is flowing down from the top along the winding paths. They trap the current here and there, and made hot spring pools. At night, the paths are lit up with lamps, and it looks dream like beautiful with flowers blooming in soft light, surrounded by the steam coming up from the hot springs. Coming from Michigan, where everything is in various shades of gray around this time of the year, this burst of colors and fragrances was rather shocking.

Needless to say, the weather was wonderful (it's California. What else do I expect?) It rained a little bit on the last day, but other than that, it was mostly long sleevee T-shirt to very light jacket kind of climate. I just LOVED that. The place where we stayed was pretty much like hotels, too. I was pleasantly surprised, because I half expected ghetto collage dorm rooms. It was almost like I died and went to heaven!

One thing I really regret is not bringing my camera!!!! I pulled these pics from their web site, but they don't have any pics of the paths I love so much. I MUST go back there again in 2007. Too bad they don't have EC next year...

2 Comments:

Blogger strunny said...

wooo hooo! that place looks amazing!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Megumi said...

It was AMAZING! I wish you were there!!!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home