Thursday, December 22, 2005

C20s Party (Cont’d)

So, some more about the C20’s Christmas party.

Before the party, Sarah called me and we got to pray together for the party. We prayed that we can throw a heck of a birthday party for Jesus, in which he’d enjoy himself and be pleased. We also prayed that God would start a new church, the body of Christ among us that night, and let His kingdom rise from the group. Oooooh, I got goose bumps when we were done praying. SO EXCITING!!!

After we all ate, talked, and played game for a while, we had a worship session followed by the communion. Garrett played guitar for us, and it was awesome. We didn’t even have any sheet music (of course I’m not that organized) but I felt a strong presence of the Holy Spirit. Josh and I talked about keeping it low-key, but I’m glad we got to do all that. I think God totally led us through the night.

Then we watched this DVD with a guy whose name I can’t recall. It was his monologue about a walk he took with his baby son in deep woods. Right when they got to the halfway point, it started raining like crazy. They both got soaked and the baby boy was screaming his head off in a backpack baby-carrier. So he took his son down from his back and clutched him tight against his heart. The whole way back he kept whispering into the boy’s ear “I love you buddy, we are gonna make it. Daddy knows the way back home…” The story reminded me that we often feel God’s presence the most during these stormy times in our lives. I just looked back and remembered the darkest times in my life, when all I could see was the rain, wind, and lightening. God held me so tight in his arms and whispered, “I love you. I’m gonna carry you through this. I know the way out, even if you don’t. So don’t worry” (I was still screaming my head off, though). He could’ve just watched me struggle from the heaven. But he chose to come down and go through the storm with me… Anyway, I thought the DVD was very appropriate for the group.

I really pray that this group would be some place where people come together and get connected to God and to each other. I want us to be extra open to those who are lonely, hurting, confused, or lost. All of us go through the time of difficulties, but none of us is called to do it alone.

1 Comments:

Blogger strunny said...

i'm so excited too, for what god is doing and how i met you. i had no idea going to that bbq would end in me connecting w/you! and then you that night w/garrett! i remember how he looked at you even that night, lol! he had a special place for you right away, trying to find all sorts of common ground he might have w/you and demonstrating his knowledge of things you'd care about. it was neat to watch, especially now that it's turned in to this. :)

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home