Thursday, June 15, 2006



St. Francis’s Prayer

All-highest, glorious God,
Cast your light into the darkness of my heart.

Give me true faith,
Firm hope,
Perfect charity,
And profound humility
With wisdom and perception.

O Lord,
So that I may do what is truly your holy will. Amen.

**********************************************


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred,
Let me sow love;

Where there is injury;
Pardon.
Where there is error;
Truth.
Where there is doubt;
Faith.
Where there is despair;
Hope.
Where there is darkness;
Light.
Where there is sadness;
Joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not seek so much
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;

For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.

It is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Amen.

6 Comments:

Blogger strunny said...

is that from DH? it rings a bell. what an awesome prayer.
and...adding on - grant that we may pray this and truly mean it and let it affect our heart, soul..body, mind... and holy spirit change us.
on another note, i was hoping you posted, so yay.
on a final note, thanks for always being there for me. you're so good at making sure i don't think i'm burdening you. you are a very unique gem-person.
and you know i'm always here.

10:16 AM  
Blogger B-Go said...

hope you start to feel better soon! (not related to your post, but I wanted to say it)

9:34 PM  
Blogger B-Go said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:41 PM  
Blogger B-Go said...

just wanted to let you know, in addition, that the comment i removed was a repeat of the previous comment

i love you!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Megumi said...

Thank you Strunny and b-go!

This prayer is actually used often in AA community. Somebody mentioned it a while ago and I didn't know what it was, so I looked online. There was an interesting background story, so I might research that some more!

I'm feeling better today! It's gross, but my mucs seems to be breaking up more easily now. That's a definate sign of the cold being in its final stage. Yay!

9:22 AM  
Blogger B-Go said...

miss you already!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home