Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Morning

I’ve been getting up at 5:30 am lately. An hour earlier than usual (actually, I don’t get out of bed ‘till 7 most of the time, so it’s more like an hour and half earlier than usual). I started doing it to increase my work time. Especially since I hurt my back, I’m so tired passed 9:30 pm or so and can’t get anything done. So I decided to just go to sleep and do my homework in the morning instead of staying up late. And it’s working!! The amount of sleep I get is the same as before, but I’m definitely less tired during the day. Ok, this is what I used to do:

Megumi’s day starts :-D

Get up late (7:00 am)

Tired and groggy and unmotivated at work (8 am to 5 pm or so)

Come home. Still tired. I may take a nap, or just lay around if I don’t have to go anywhere. If I have to go somewhere, I go, and be tired and spaced out. (5:30 pm on).

Get into bed, but can’t fall asleep (11:30 pm to 12:00 am or so). Think about what I accomplished today…. NOTHING.

Megumi’s day ends in suckiness :-(

Repeat

I think the biggest difference is that I’m completely wiped out by the time I get into bed. I’m more productive in the morning, compared to late at night. I think part of it is that I have definite timeline when I need to finish what I’m doing (time to go to work). In addition, I have been able to have more solid quiet time. It’s a definite bonus.

WOW! Am I turning into a morning person!? What a foreign concept! I probably go back to my original life style, though, once this crazy busyness subsides…

3 Comments:

Blogger strunny said...

i'm so happy this is working for you! it helps me too knowing you're up, cool.

6:31 PM  
Blogger B-Go said...

wow, way to go with being productive! I think I'm more productive in the mornings as well... but I think ours are pretty different situations.

Anyway, hope you've been having a nice week (and that you are continuing to heal up)!

9:38 PM  
Blogger strunny said...

how did you do those arrow things?

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home